Email Newsletter icon, E-mail Newsletter icon, Email List icon, E-mail List icon Sign up for our Free Newsletters
For Email Marketing you can trust

Monday, August 13, 2007

Wear two badges

Many people who are at a networking event do not take this opportunity to advertise their services. When you check in to the event, take two badges. One should have your name and the other should list what service you provide. Do not go over board and start to list 100 things. Just write a few words of what you do. For Example, on my second badge I always write "Life & Business Coach".

Many-a-times this is a good ice breaker. When you are walking around, people do read your second badge. Without a badge explaining what you provide, it is hard for people to talk to you at first. By having your service listed, you are giving people an opportunity to introduce themselves to you.

There have been so many times that I have been at an event and I will be passing someone by and they will read my second badge and say "Oh! I am glad I found you....I was looking for this" or "I know who you should meet, I was just talking to...."

Let people know who you are.

Tune in tomorrow for the next topic.

Sal

No comments: